based on [x]
what i mean when i call a character perfect is “wow look at how flawed you are, how broken and three dimensional and well written. look how much of a disaster you are and how you are constantly torn between right and wrong and you make so many mistakes along the way wow look how human you are”
so basically when i say they are perfect what i mean is thank god they aren’t
Because I’m still very annoyed.
The reason why I put so much time and effort into fighting games is because in this specific genre of video game, I am working on several productive things:
- Technique - Because the quality of your execution is fucking important in everything, especially when a game like Street Fighter really relies on mechanical input that can be as strict as 1/60th of a second margin of error.
- Mental toughness - Because being mentally tough is fucking important in everything. If you break or crack easily, then you won’t last in anything. How can you persevere if you quit, or become uninterested, or make excuses at every obstacle in the road?
- Mind games - Because I like outsmarting other people. It’s fun and I’ve built my life on reading people and seeing them as predictable. Your writing habits, your mannerisms, I can list dozens of reasons on why you’re predictable. On the other hand, I’m predictable because I let myself be. I could erase my habits or mask them a lot easier than many people could. Why are mind games important? Because competition is literally everywhere. You should get good at it or you will see younger people just surpass you with ease. Now, if you’re really bad at number two, which is mental toughness, you’re going to really fold up when you see how far behind the curve you’re falling.
- Teamwork - Because training partners critique each other and make each other better by exposing each other’s flaws. On a related note, the people that don’t grow are the people who don’t embrace criticism. The people who don’t grow are the butt-hurts with the sensitive egos, who dismiss criticism and only accept praise. You gotta take the bad with the good or you don’t grow (that’s why you are still a child). This kind of teamwork should be present in ALL relationships but too many people are stuck on that sugarcoated bullshit. Frankly, I consume for function. My sweet tooth doesn’t need to be satisfied if it’s at the expense of a meaningful friendship. I want growth. I want substance. There’s no room here for stagnancy.
You wanna bash on the effort I put into Street Fighter, this is what you bash on. The four reasons I posted above are (or at least should be) present in everyone’s day-to-day life. You want the cheap thrill, the easy praise, the easy wins, the easy money, the drinks, and the lack of effort.
You asked me what my future looks like. My future looks like me getting good at everything I put my mind to. What does your future look like? You wondering where all your money went because you spent all of it on cheap thrills (playing video games is an easy way to hang out without spending money, by the way). What does your future look like? You being the same exact immature person five, ten, twenty years from now. What does your future look like? You still being overdramatic. You still trying to sound smarter than you actually are. You still having terrible use of vocabulary you don’t understand (your attempts at eloquence really are terrible). You still being a simple-minded, pretentious, overgrown child.
Anyways, I might talk about Street Fighter because that’s what I do, but what do you talk about? Not much, honestly. Lol what? Work? Beer? What am I supposed to talk to you about? Jiu-jitsu? Wrestling? Real life fighting? Socioeconomic or political concepts? You don’t even know anything about that shit, the only thing you kinda do know that I can talk about is Street Fighter because your understanding of everything else I do (and everything else I’ve ever really talked about) is very minute.
Other miscellaneous stuff:
- You can’t scold anyone for using the word “lesbo” when you say things like, “Oh my fucking God,” all the time, you fucking idiot. Most people might be desensitized because that phrase is used so commonly but you are actually just as bad as the person saying “lesbo” (and it makes you a hypocrite, too).
- You can’t blame my passion for fighting games for you making excuses to flake out on me. You said you wanted to learn how to fight, right? I have keys to my gym. I specifically said we could go to the fucking gym. Fucking idiot.
- You said something about me contradicting whatever is planned but that’s bullshit. You kept changing what was already planned, so you need to point that damn finger right back at yourself.
- You want to take credit for spoiling people. That’s not love. That’s vanity. You do deserve credit for spending your money on others, but constantly acknowledging yourself doing so is inherently a selfish attribute.
- You spend so much time on LoL and writing on tumblr. If you’re going to spend so much time doing those things, you might as well get good at them. I mean, I’m sure you’ve logged in more than a few hundreds of hours on LoL. You post a lot of stuff on tumblr, the subjects of which I find pretentious ninety percent of the time, but hey, you might as well make your sentences coherent.
- I can see the way people talk about me reflected in what you say. You’re all dismissive, you know that, right? Every single one of you. Lucky for you and everyone else you may speak to about me, none of you will ever find yourselves in a series of events as unfortunate as mine. Go ahead and revel in your ignorance.
- Regardless of how my future turns out, I will be remembered by many as someone to be admired. How will you be remembered?
Conscious consumerism is an inherently classist idea.
Yep. It’s classist and also just plain naive- it is literally impossible to have “ethical” consumerism because the entire capitalist system is based on exploitation and oppression at every end. You…
At the end of the day black people built this country and have nothing to show for it…White folks call blacks “lazy” obviously have a very short memory and insight of the history of this country.While blacks were being tortured to give America a 400 year headstart on the rest of the world White Folks were lounging around looking at the stars and shit. Then they used the labor to build systems to insure that their descendants kept the money the made off the slaves. That old slave money that still benefit white families today in 2014.Learn ya history. Watch Ya mouth…PeacePost made by @solar_innerg#sancophaleague
"According to the FBI, there have been 129 confirmed white Christian terrorists in the last 20 years. That includes Timothy McVae, the uni-bomber, the Atlanta Olympics bomber and dozens of family planning centers and abortion clinics. Muslims? 19. Which would make white people the most likely demographic to commit a terrorist attack. So watch your mouth before you call me a terrorist or I’ll knock your fucking teeth out.”